Family Counseling Services, in collaboration with St. Joseph’s Care Coordination Network, has launched a new Health Home program to help members of the community get the care and services they need to get well and stay healthy.
What exactly is a Health Home?
A “Health Home” is not a place; it is a group of health care and service providers working together to make sure you get the care and services you need. Many people are unable to find providers and services, which makes it hard for people to get well and stay healthy. The Health Home program was created with these people in mind.
How can Health Home services help you?
If you receive Medicaid and have a chronic medical and/or behavioral health condition, this program is for you. We provide care coordination which will reduce your need for emergency department visits and inpatient stays by helping you access the health care you need.
We will provide six core services:
- Comprehensive care management (connection with health, housing, social and behavioral health providers)
- Care coordination and health promotion (healthy living education)
- Comprehensive transitional care from inpatient to other settings, including follow-up (assist with discharge planning from inpatient and rehabilitation settings)
- Individual and family support
- Referral to community and social support services
- Use of health information technology to link services (use electronic records and sharing information with your providers in a seamless manner, with your permission)
How do I qualify?
To qualify for Health Home services, you need to be receiving or be eligible for Medicaid and have two chronic medical and/or behavioral health conditions. The chronic conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Serious mental illness
- Substance use disorders
- Heart disease
- Overweight (BMI>25)
Our care managers will help you stay healthy by scheduling doctor appointments and transportation, and making calls for specialty care. We coordinate with other human service agencies to avoid confusion. We work with you and many other health care and service providers to assist with:
- Medical transportation
- Health and wellness programs
Does it cost me anything to enroll?
No. The Health Home program is provided free of charge to you, if you are on Medicaid.